Tuesday 23 August 2016

Adding embellishments

Not sure if I have posted this picture before and I apologise if I have but I decided to add some embellishments to my gelli  print background. I made the gelli prints during Sheila's workshop and decided to add organza as they were a bit bright. Then added the face and flowers on the top. I added the metal embellishments using gel medium. I am not sure if you are familiar with gel medium but it is super stuff for sticking down almost everything. If you don't want to have to stitch pieces down then you can use the gel medium. You can get it now in most craft or art shops and I think they also do it in some places like the Range. It comes in gloss or matt but this will not matter if you are only using it to stick down items. There is also a 3D version and a heavy body version (mostly from Prima or Liquitex- you would have to get them from an art shop online) and they are wonderful for sticking down heavier items or larger ones.
Anyways thought I would post the picture just in case there are any of us that don't know about the gel medium as it is a fab product. I can always get some for people if you would like to use it.


No comments:

Post a Comment